Design Engineering, CAD, CAM, CAE, Geometric Modeling, Tool Path Planning
- PhD Pursuing, Area: CADCAM.
- M.E. Industrial Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, 1997, Thesis Title: Pattern Recognition/ Classification by an Artificial Neural Network using Backpropagation Training.
- B.E. Mechanical Engg. (Electives CAD area), YCCE, Nagpur University, 1992.
- Teaching at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala since 1993
- Research at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala / Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology since 1997
- Geometric modeling
- CAD CAM
- Mechanical system design, optimisation and manufacturing
- Engineering and machine drawing and CADD
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems
- Ergonomic and Industrial Product Design
- CAD CAM CAE
- CNC Tool Path Planning, programming and control
- Computer Programming, Data structures and OpenGL
- Geometric Modeling
- Design Optimisation
- Reverse Engineering.
- Adaptive ball drop algorithm for toolpath generation of axisymmetric triangulated parts to eliminate overcutting, Ajayinder Singh Jawanda, Ajay Batish, and Sanjeev Bedi, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Volume 99, Issue 1, Pages 461–474. (2018).
- Numerical Verification of CNC Machine Simulations, Gilad Israeli, Stephen Mann, Sanjeev Bedi, Ajayinder Singh Jawanda, Computer-Aided Design and Applications, CAD Solutions. USA. Co published with Taylor and Francis, Volume 8 Issue 4 Pages 507-518.(2011).
- Bunching characteristics of silicon nanowire arrays, Mohammadreza Khorasaninejad, Navid Abedzadeh, Ajayinder Singh Jawanda, Nixon O, M. P. Anantram, and Simarjeet Singh Saini, Journal of Applied Physics, American Institute of Physic, Volume 111/Issue 4/ ARTICLES/ Nanoscale Science and Design. (2012).
- Hands-on Training and International Experience in Engineering Education, Sanjeev Bedi, Ajayinder Singh Jawanda, Ajay Batish, 2nd Annual CEEA Conference, Memorial University St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. (2011).
- Methodology To Improve The Learning Of An Ann Using Backpropagation For Image Pattern Recognition, A S Jawanda, National Conference on Bioinformatics Computing, Thapar Institute of Engg. & Tech. Patiala. (2005).
- Sensitivity Analysis Of Energy Function Constants In Continuous Valued Hopfield Neural Network For Solving Travelling Salesman Problem, Sandeep K Sharma, A S Jawanda, Shruti Sharma, 2nd National Conference on Recent Developments in Mechanical Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engg. & Tech. Patiala. (2006).
- Non Parametric Design Methodology For Chassis Reinforcements Using Pro-Mechanica, Ajayinder Singh Jawanda, Ashish Singh Kapoor, 3rd National Conference on Recent Developments in Mechanical Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engg. & Tech. Patiala. (2008).
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions:
- First class First in First Year ME-Industrial Engg 1993
- Letter of appreciation for efforts and contributions, as co-coordinator, in making the TIET-UW-International Industrial Training Program from 14 Feb, 2005 to 14 April, 2005 a success. From Dr Gerry Schneider Prof. and Chair Dept. of Mechanical Engg. Univ. of Waterloo, Canada
- Best Paper Presentation Award, "CAD CAM CAE software in Engineering Education: A case Study", PTC World user Conference India 2009, New Delhi.
- Guided 30 M.E. Research Thesis from 2000 – 2014.
- Authored Self Instruction Material Book on "Computer Aided Design And Manufacture" for Distance Education Dept. Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala (2008)
- 3 Consultancy / Professional Advise assignments worth 2.85 Lacs.
- Infrastructure development projects and works worth more than 200 Lacs.
- Part of organisation of dozens of international and national conferences, workshops, symposia, continuing education training programs and workshops.