Design of composite materials
Dr. Kishore Khanna is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala. Dr. Kishore is in the design group of Mechanical Engineering Department. He was awarded Ph.D. degree in the Creep in a Rotating FGM Disc from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala in 2017. He works in the area of composite materials. He has more than 15 years of experience in teaching. He has published 18 research articles in SCI/ non SCI journals and conferences. He has also guided 18 M.E. thesis.
- PhD in Analysis of Creep in Rotating FGM Disc
- M.E. in CAD/CAM and Robotics
- A.M.I.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- Assistant Professor, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India
- Solids and Structures
- Machine Design
- Engineering Drawing
- Analysis of Creep in a Rotating Disc
- Modelling and Analysis of FGMs
SCI 10, Non-SCI 02, Conference Papers 07
Journal Papers: SCI/SCIE
- Kishore Khanna, V.K. Gupta, Neeraj Grover, “Influence of Anisotropy on Creep in Functionally Graded Variable Thickness Rotating Disc”, Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design (2021). (Impact Factor: 1.630).
- Aanchal Yadav, R.K. Godara, G. Bhardwaj, R. U. Patil, S. K. Singh, Kishore Khanna, “A Review on Fracture Analysis of CNT/Graphene Reinforced Composites for Structural Applications”, Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering (2021). (Impact Factor: 7.36).
- G. Bhardwaj, S.K. Singh, R.U. Patil, R.K. Godara, K. Khanna (2021): Thermo-elastic analysis of cracked functionally graded materials using XIGA. Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics, 114, 103016. (Impact Factor: 4.017).
- Rajinder Singh, Ravindra K. Saxena, Kishore Khanna, and V.K. Gupta, “Creep Response of Rotating Composite Discs having Exponential, Hyperbolic, Linear and Constant Thickness Profiles”, Defence Science Journal, 70(3), 292-98, (2020). (Impact Factor: 0.73).
- G Bhardwaj, RK Godara, K Khanna, RU Patil, “A semi-homogenized extended isogeometric analysis approach for fracture in functionally graded materials containing discontinuities”, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 234, 2211-2232 (2020). (Impact Factor: 1.386).
- Negi, G. Bhardwaj, J.S. Saini, Kishore Khanna, R.K. Godara, “Analysis of CNT reinforced polymer nanocomposite plate in the presence of discontinuities using XFEM”, Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics, 103, 1-12 (2019). (Impact Factor: 4.017).
- K. Khanna, V. K. Gupta and S. P. Nigam, “Modeling and Analysis of Creep In a Variable Thickness Rotating FGM Disc Using Tresca and Von-Mises Criteria”, Iranian Journal of Science and Technology-Transactions of Mechanical Engineering, 41(2), 109-119(2017). (Impact Factor: 0.727).
- Yogesh K. Singla, Rahul Chhibber, Navneet Arora, Karanpreet Singh, Kishore Khanna, “On the Microstructure and Wear Behavior of Fe–xCr–4Mn–3C Hard facing Alloys”, Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, 70 (6), 1555-1561( 2016). (Impact Factor: 1.176).
- K. Khanna, V. K. Gupta and S. P. Nigam, “Investigating Creep Performance and Predicting Rupture Time for Rotating FGM Disc under Different Thermal Gradients”, CMC-Computers Materials & Continua, 48 (3), 147-161(2016). (Impact Factor: 3.024).
- Kishore Khanna, V. K. Gupta and S. P. Nigam, “Creep Analysis of a Variable Thickness Rotating FGM Disc using Tresca Criterion”, Defence Science Journal, 65(2), 163-170(2015). (Impact Factor: 0.73).
Journal Publications: Non-SCI
- Rajinder Singh, R. K. Saxena, Kishore Khanna and V.K. Gupta, “Modelling Creep Response of a Functionally Graded Rotating Disc with Exponential Reinforcement Gradient”, Materials Today: Proceedings, 18, 3891-99 (2019).
- K. Khanna, V. K. Gupta and S. P. Nigam, “Creep Analysis in Functionally Graded Rotating Disc Using Tresca Criterion and Comparison with Von-Mises Criterion”, Materials Today: Proceedings, 4, 2431-2438 (2017).
- Singh U.K., Tripathi J.P. and Khanna K.: Effect of pump leakage on slip and pressure loss in a hydraulic cylinder drive. Proceedings of International conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering and Nanotechnology (ICAMEN) 2021, Manipal University Jaipur, India.
- Ritu Raj Rajpoot, Honey Neeraj, Neeraj Grover and Kishore Khanna, “Deformation characteristics of functionally graded plates using a non-polynomial shear deformation theory”, Symposium and Workshop for Analytical Youth in Applied Mechanics (SWAYAM) BITS Pilani, K. K. Birla Goa Campus.
- Honey Neeraj, Ritu Raj Rajpoot, Kishore Khanna and Neeraj Grover, “Buckling of laminated composite plates using IHSDT subjected to in-plane arbitrary loads”, Symposium and Workshop for Analytical Youth in Applied Mechanics (SWAYAM), BITS Pilani, K. K. Birla Goa Campus
- Rupinder Singh, Kishore Khanna and Manish Garg, “Thermal Stress Analysis in a Functionally Graded Rotating Disc with Variable Thickness”, National Congress of Science and Technology, DAV-NCST, DAVIET Jalandhar.(2013).
- A.S.Johal, Kishore Khanna, Ranjit Singh, “An Automated System to Detect Gate Parameters for Die-Casting Dies”, 3rd International Conference on Production and Industrial Engineering, CPIE- NIT, Jalandhar. (2013).
- Kishore Khanna, Harmandeep, “Analysis of Creep in Functionally Graded Cylinder”, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering T.U., Patiala. (2011).
- Kishore Khanna, Devender Kumar, Barinder Singh,” Creep deformation and Stress Analysis in Rotating Disc of Composite Material”, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering T.U., Patiala (2011).
ME and PhD Thesis Guidance
ME - 18 (Eighteen completed)
PhD - 01 (One ongoing)