Dr. Ravinder Singh Joshi is an Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department at Thapar University, India. He received his PhD degree in the area of Modulation Assisted Machining from Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, in 2015, M. Tech. in CAD/CAM and Robotics from the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (2003-2005) and Bachelors PTU Jalandhar (2000-2003), India. He also has a 3 year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from P.S.B.T.E.I.T Chandigarh (1997-2000). He has experience of 7.5 years of teaching (Pre-Ph.D. and Post-Ph.D.)
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
Member, Institution of Engineers
Publications and other Research Outputs
SCI: 17 Non-SCI: 05
- Sharma, V. K., Kumar, V., Joshi, R. S., Jain, S., & Kumar, P. (2021). A Review of Recent Research on Rare Earth Particulate Composite Materials and Structures with Their Applications. Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, 1-13.
- Dhiman, S., Joshi, R. S., Singh, S., Gill, S. S., Singh, H., Kumar, R., & Kumar, V. (2021). A framework for effective and clean conversion of machining waste into metal powder feedstock for additive manufacturing. Cleaner Engineering and Technology, 100151.
- Kumar, P., Joshi, R. S., & Singla, R. K. (2021). Sliding wear behaviour of CP titanium laminates produced by large strain extrusion machining. Wear, 203774.
- Sharma, V. K., Aggarwal, D., Vinod, K., & Joshi, R. S. (2021). Influence of rare earth particulate on the mechanical & tribological properties of Al-6063/SiC hybrid composites. Particulate Science and Technology, 1-16.
- Sharma, V. K., Kumar, V., & Joshi, R. S. (2020). Manufacturing of stable hydrophobic surface on rare-earth oxides aluminium hybrid composite. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering, 0954408920979105.
- Sharma, V. K., Kumar, V., Joshi, R. S., & Sharma, D. (2020). Experimental analysis and characterization of SiC and RE oxides reinforced Al-6063 alloy based hybrid composites. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 108(4), 1173-1187.
- Sharma, V. K., Kumar, V., & Joshi, R. S. (2020). Parametric study of aluminium-rare earth based composites with improved hydrophobicity using response surface method. Journal of Materials Research and Technology, 9(3), 4919-4932.
- Sharma, V. K., Kumar, V., & Singh Joshi, R. (2020). Quantitative analysis of microstructure refinement in ultrafine-grained strips of Al6063 fabricated using large strain extrusion machining. Machining Science and Technology, 24(1), 42-64.
- Sharma, V. K., Kumar, V., & Joshi, R. S. (2019). Investigation of rare earth particulate on tribological and mechanical properties of Al-6061 alloy composites for aerospace application. Journal of Materials Research and Technology, 8(4), 3504-3516.
- Sharma, V. K., Kumar, V., & Joshi, R. S. (2019). Experimental investigation on effect of RE oxides addition on tribological and mechanical properties of Al-6063 based hybrid composites. Materials Research Express, 6(8), 0865d7.
- Sharma, V. K., Kumar, V., & Joshi, R. S. (2019). Effect of RE addition on wear behavior of an Al-6061 based hybrid composite. Wear, 426, 961-974.
- Singla, M.K., Singh, H., Singh, N. and Joshi, R.S., (2015), "Erosion-corrosion behaviour of cold-spray nanostructured Ni-20Cr coatings in actual boiler environment ", Wear, Vol. 332-333, pp.1035-1043.
- Joshi, R.S. and Singh, H., (2014), "Characteristic Studies of Brass Particulates Fabricated by Modulation Assisted Machining", Inter. J. Adv. Manufact. Technol., Vol. 17, No. 9-12, pp. 1533-1542.
- Joshi, R.S., Srivastava, S. and Singh, H., (2014), "Microstrucutral Analysis of Nanostructured Aluminum Alloy Strips Created from Machining based Deformation Process", Procedia CIRP, Vol. 14, pp. 130-135.
- Joshi, R.S. and Singh, H., (2014), "Shear Deformation in Chip Particulates Produced using Modulation Assisted Machining", Mater. Manufact. Processes, Vol. 29, No. 5, pp. 638-647.
- Joshi, R.S., Singh, H. and Singh, I., (2014), "Modulation Assisted Drilling of Glass Fibre Reinforced Plastics", Mater. Manufact. Processes, Vol. 29, No. 03, pp. 370-378.
- Joshi, R.S. and Singh, H., (2014), "An Investigation on Flank Wear Mechanism of Tungsten Carbide Drills during Conventional and Modulation Assisted Drilling", Machining Sci. Technol., Vol. 18, No. 01, pp.99-119.
- Joshi, R.S. and Singh, H., (2013), "Using X-ray Diffraction for Studying the Effect of Modulation and Machining Parameters on Deformation Level in Brass Particulate Produced by Modulation Assisted Machining", Powder Diffraction J., Vol. 28, pp. S315-S326.
Awards and Honours
- Awarded Institute Fellowship, IIT Ropar from July 2010 to December 2014.
- Awarded International travel grant for attending international conference in USA (2008 and 2014)
Description of Research Interests
- Machining based deformation processes
- Material Characterization
- Hybrid Composites
- Neural Networks
- Genetic Algorithms