Electron Beam Welding, Materials Characterization, Optimization
- Ph.D. (IIT Kharagpur) in Manufacturing Engineering.
- M. Tech in Mechatronics, VIT University, Vellore/ First class (8.5 CGPA)
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering/ Arunai Engg. College ANNA University, / First class (73%)
Experience:- Total Experience 2.2+ years
- October 2008 – June 2009: Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, LITAM, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
- July 2009 – December 2010: Mechanical Engineering Department, Vignan’s University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
- Teaching Assistant at IIT Kharagpur from December 2011- July 2016.
- May 2018- Present, Thapar Institute of Technology, Patiala, Punjab.
- Electron Beam Welding
- CAM & Industrial Automation
- Modern Manufacturing Methods
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Electron Beam Welding
- Materials Characterization
- Physical Metallurgy
- Kanigalpula, P. K. C., Arya Chatterjee, Pratihar, D.K., Jha, M.N., Derose, J., (2015), Effects of electron beam welding on microstructure, microhardness and electrical conductivity of CuCr-Zr alloy plates, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 24(12), 4681-4690. ISSN: 1059-9495 (Citation – 5) (IF: 1.652)
- Kanigalpula, P. K. C., Pratihar, D.K., Jha, M.N., Derose, J., Bapat, A.V., Rudra Pal, A., (2016), Experimental Investigations, Input-Output Modeling, and Optimization for Electron Beam Welding of Cu-Cr-Zr Alloy Plates, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 85(1), 711– 726. ISSN: 1433-3015 (Citation – 16) (IF: 2.633)
- Kanigalpula, P. K. C., Sanjib Jaypuria, Pratihar, D.K., Jha, M.N., (2018), Experimental investigations, input-output modeling, and optimization of spiking phenomenon in electron beam welding of ETP copper plates, Measurement, 129, 302-318. ISSN: 0263-2241 (Citation – 3) (IF: 3.364)
- Arul Raj Kumaravel, Karthikeyan, M., Kanigalpula, P. K. C., Arun Kumar, M. P., (2018), Tribological and Vibrational Characteristics of AISI 316L Tested at Elevated Temperature and 600 Torr Vacuum, Defense Technology, 15 (1), 58-64. ISSN: 2214-9147.
- Meher, J., Kanigalpula, P. K. C., Sanjib Jaypuria, Pratihar, D.K., (2018), Electron Beam Butt Welding of Cu-Cr-Zr Alloy Plates: Experimental Investigations, Metallurgical Studies and Mechanical properties, Fusion Engineering and Design, 137, 209-220. ISSN: 0920-3796. (IF 1.692)
- Shashikant Kushnoore, Vinay Atgur, P. K. C. Kanigalpula, Nitin Kamitkar, Pratik Shetty., (2018), Experimental Investigation on Thermal Behavior of Fly Ash Reinforced Aluminium Alloy (Al6061) Hybrid Composite, Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Sciences, 13 (3), 5588-5603.
- Rajveer Singh, Sachin Singh, P. K. C. Kanigalpula, J. S. Saini., (2020), Electron Beam Welding of precipitation-hardened CuCrZr alloy: Modelling and Experimentation, Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, 30 (8), 2156-2169. (IF 2.615)
- Sanjib Jaypuria, P.K.C. Kanigalpula, Debalay Chakrabarti, Mahanand Jha., (2019), Study on Effects of Beam Power and Oscillation on Porosity in Electron Beam Welded ETP-Cu Plates Using XCT Analysis, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, (Under Review).
- Kanigalpula, P.K.C., Bhattacharya, A., Siddharth Madan, Prabhakaran, S., Manupati, V.K., Kalainathan, S. (2016). "Effect of multiple laser shock peening on the mechanical properties of ETP copper", Mechanics, Materials Science & Engineering, July 2017- ISSN 2412-595, VIT University Vellore, India.
- V. K. Manupati, P. K. C. Kanigalpula, L. R. Varela, A. Araújo et al., G. Putnik, and G.G. Vieira, (2017). “Web-Based Decision System for Distributed Process Planning in a Networked Manufacturing Environment”, Handbook of Developments and Advances in Intelligent Systems and Applications, Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-58965-7_8.
Achievement, Awards and Recognitions:
- Reviewer for 5th Global Conference on Polymer and Composite Materials (PCM 2018) organizing at Kitakyushu, Japan.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India (MHRD) scholarship in Ph.D
Message to Students & Community
Always, never ever lose hope, try and try until you reach the goal, Successes will follow you.