System Dynamics and Control, Model-Based Condition Monitoring, Fluid Power Systems, Bond Graph Modelling.
Dr. Jay Prakash Tripathi joined Mechanical Engineering Department, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala (India) in 2018 as Assistant Professor. He received his Ph.D. degree in mechanical engineering in 2017 from IIT (ISM) Dhanbad. He has published five research papers in SCI journals, two research papers in SCOPOUS indexed journals, two research paper in conference proceedings and one book chapter. He is GATE qualified, recipient of JRF and SRF fellowships and associate member of IEI India. His research focus includes Bond Graph modelling, condition monitoring, system dynamics and control, particle swarm optimization, and fluid power systems.
PhD in Mechanical Engineering, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad
- Assistant Professor, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, India
- Assistant Professor, KL deemed to be University, Guntur, A.P., India.
- Teaching Assistantship during Ph.D. at IIT Dhanbad, India
Membership of Professional Institutions, Associations, Societies
- Institution of Engineers (India) [IEI]
Publications and other Research Outputs
SCI 06, Non-SCI 03, Conference Papers 02, Book Chapter 01
Journal Papers: SCI/SCIE
- Tripathi J.P., Ghoshal S.K., Dasgupta K., Towards Energy Saving of a Hydraulic Lifting System: A Bond Graph Simulation. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 2015, Vol. 10(24), pp. 21096- 21101.
- Tripathi, J.P. and Ghoshal, S., 2017. Combining inertia and constriction technique in the PSO applied to fault identification in a hydraulic system. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 231(14), pp.2730-2740.
- Tripathi, J.P., Ghoshal, S.K., Dasgupta, K. and Das, J., 2017. Bond graph modelling of a hydraulic cylinder-actuated planar manipulator. Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, 39(11), pp.4275-4287.
- Tripathi, J.P. and Ghoshal, S.K., 2016. Multi-fault identification of a hydraulic lifting system via partitioning of unstructured residuals. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, 230(5), pp.424-435.
- Mishra, S.K., Tripathi, J.P., Das, J. and Ghoshal, S.K., 2018. Application of Parallel Multi-model Simulation Method for Condition Monitoring of a Power Hydraulic System. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 43(9), pp.4501-4515.
- Ghoshal, S.K., Paul, S., Samanta, S. and Tripathi, J.P., 2016. System identification and multi-fault isolation for a hydraulic drive with pump loading. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part O: Journal of Risk and Reliability, 230(4), pp.427-440.
Journal Publications: Non-SCI
- Tripathi, J.P., Ghoshal, S.K., Hasan, M.E., Dasgupta, K. and Das, J., 2018, June. Speed control of a hydrostatic drive using inverse steady state model. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 377, No. 1, p. 012115). IOP Publishing.
- Channi, P. and Tripathi, J.P., 2021. Design and Analysis of Hydraulic Scissor Lift Using PTC CREO Simulate. International Journal of Research in Engineering, Science and Management, 4(2), pp.56-61.
- Tripathi J.P., Ghoshal S.K. and Dasgupta K.: Investigation of spool movement of direction control valve in a typical hydraulic system used for load lifting: A simulation study. Proceedings of International Mechanical Engineering Congress, June 13-15, 2014, Tiruchirappalli, India, pp. 336-340.
- Singh U.K., Tripathi J.P. and Khanna K.: Effect of pump leakage on slip and pressure loss in a hydraulic cylinder drive. Proceedings of International conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering and Nanotechnology (ICAMEN) 2021, Manipal University Jaipur, India.
- Tripathi, J.P., 2020. Modelling Stress Distribution in a Flexible Beam Using Bond Graph Approach. In Applications and Techniques for Experimental Stress Analysis (pp. 165-175). IGI Global.
- Dynamics and Vibrations
- Machine Design
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanics of Deformable Bodies
- Management Information systems
Title of the thesis
Level & status
Simulation and experimental analysis of linear electro-hydrostatic actuator for next-generation flight control system
Dynamic Analysis of a Hydraulic Cylinder Actuated Crane to Reduce Payload Oscillations
Robust control of an inverted pendulum
Application of MEMS Sensors in Water Level and Vibration Sensing and Validation using Experimental and Simulation Results
- Co – Incharge, Automobile Lab, for the period Jan – BE-MBA 2019 to July – 2021
- Co – Coordinator, BE-MEC course scheme, for the period Sept – 19 to July – 2021
- Co – Coordinator, Capstone project of, for the period Jan-May, 2019
- Member, Finance committee, PGBSIA2020
- Member, MED placement committee, Dec – 20 to July 2021
- Mentor, Capstone project, Jan – 2019 to till date
- Member, NAAC, NBA and ABET team for MED
- Personal Mentor, UG first year students
- Departmental committee member, Lab Manuals and Display, July 2021 to till date
Awards and Honours
- Senior Research Fellowship by Government of India (MHRD, GOI)
- Junior Research Fellowship by Government of India (MHRD, GOI)